Keep the Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep the Faith

To inspire us to walk with God, and strengthen our relationship with Him

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daily Promises from the Bible

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jme

Daily Promises from the Bible - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:43 pm

1 Corinthians 7:14

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Reflection
O but the power of grace in the New Covenant is great! Under the Mosaic Covenant, God's people had to cut themselves off from the unbelieving and the foreign wife made the Israelite husband unclean (Ezra 10:2-3). Yet now, the grace of God works so powerfully through the Christian covenant that the Lord ordains his grace will actually work through the believing spouse to the sanctification of the unbelieving!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:04 am

Psalm 9:9

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
Reflection

My prayer: Lord teach me to trust in you in my times of happiness and sorrow, in my struggles and triumphs. Lord, help me to have blind faith so I can walk on water and move mountains. I thank You for your faithfulness to those who seek You.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Deuteronomy 7:9

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he [is] God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Reflection
What a tremendous God we serve! This fitting description tells of our faithful and loving God who is Lord over all the earth and heaven. The Creator of all things could never love us more or less, for He is acquainted with all our ways. His grace does not extend to the Israelites alone, but to all who believe in every generation (cf. Gal 3:6-29). This is the God we serve! This is the God we worship!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Promises from the Bible
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2