Keep the Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep the Faith

To inspire us to walk with God, and strengthen our relationship with Him

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Times of distress: scriptures that offer encouragement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ange

Times of distress: scriptures that offer encouragement Empty
PostSubject: Times of distress: scriptures that offer encouragement   Times of distress: scriptures that offer encouragement EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Found a great chapter in Bible to help encourage us when we feel stressed or feel sad:

Psa 55:1 For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Amaskil [fn] of David. Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea;
Psa 55:2 hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
Psa 55:3 at the voice of the enemy, at the stares of the wicked; for they bring down suffering upon me and revile me in their anger.
Psa 55:4 My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death assail me.
Psa 55:5 Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me.

Psa 55:6 I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest—
Psa 55:7 I would flee far away and stay in the desert; Selah
Psa 55:8 I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm."

Psa 55:9 Confuse the wicked, O Lord, confound their speech, for I see violence and strife in the city.
Psa 55:10 Day and night they prowl about on its walls; malice and abuse are within it.
Psa 55:11 Destructive forces are at work in the city; threats and lies never leave its streets.

Psa 55:12 If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were raising himself against me, I could hide from him.
Psa 55:13 But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend,
Psa 55:14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship as we walked with the throng at the house of God.

Psa 55:15 Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, [fn] for evil finds lodging among them.
Psa 55:16 But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
Psa 55:17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.
Psa 55:18 He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.

Psa 55:19 God, who is enthroned forever, will hear them and afflict them— Selah men who never change their ways and have no fear of God.

Psa 55:20 My companion attacks his friends; he violates his covenant.

Psa 55:21 His speech is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords.

Psa 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Psa 55:23 But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption; bloodthirsty and deceitful men will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in you.
Back to top Go down

Times of distress: scriptures that offer encouragement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keep the Faith :: Words of encouragement-
Jump to: