Keep the Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep the Faith

To inspire us to walk with God, and strengthen our relationship with Him

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parable of the Seeds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ange

Parable of the Seeds Empty
PostSubject: Parable of the Seeds   Parable of the Seeds EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I thought this would be a good start at lessons we are reading in the bible; Jesus talks about seeds and how they do in certain areas. This is something we definitely can apply and see how it affects us when we deal with obstacles along the way. Let's continue to bear good soil so our seed can grow!

Mark 4:1 Once again Jesus began teaching by the lakeshore. There was such a large crowd along the shore that he got into a boat and sat down and spoke from there.

(Mar is abbreviated for Mark)
Mar 4:2 He began to teach the people by telling many stories such as this one:

Mar 4:3 "Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seed.

Mar 4:4 As he scattered it across his field, some seed fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate it.

Mar 4:5 Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The plant sprang up quickly,

Mar 4:6 but it soon wilted beneath the hot sun and died because the roots had no nourishment in the shallow soil.

Mar 4:7 Other seed fell among thorns that shot up and choked out the tender blades so that it produced no grain.

Mar 4:8 Still other seed fell on fertile soil and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted." Then he said,

Mar 4:9 "Anyone who is willing to hear should listen and understand!"

Mar 4:10 Later, when Jesus was alone with the twelve disciples and with the others who were gathered around, they asked him, "What do your stories mean?"

Mar 4:11 He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secret about the Kingdom of God. But I am using these stories to conceal everything about it from outsiders,

Mar 4:12 so that the Scriptures might be fulfilled: 'They see what I do, but they don't perceive its meaning. They hear my words, but they don't understand. So they will not turn from their sins and be forgiven.' [fn]

Mar 4:13 "But if you can't understand this story, how will you understand all the others I am going to tell?

Mar 4:14 The farmer I talked about is the one who brings God's message to others.

Mar 4:15 The seed that fell on the hard path represents those who hear the message, but then Satan comes at once and takes it away from them.

Mar 4:16 The rocky soil represents those who hear the message and receive it with joy.

Mar 4:17 But like young plants in such soil, their roots don't go very deep. At first they get along fine, but they wilt as soon as they have problems or are persecuted because they believe the word.

Mar 4:18 The thorny ground represents those who hear and accept the Good News,

Mar 4:19 but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the cares of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for nice things, so no crop is produced.

Mar 4:20 But the good soil represents those who hear and accept God's message and produce a huge harvest—thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted."

Mar 4:21 Then Jesus asked them, "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed to shut out the light? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine.

Mar 4:22 "Everything that is now hidden or secret will eventually be brought to light.

Mar 4:23 Anyone who is willing to hear should listen and understand!

Mar 4:24 And be sure to pay attention to what you hear. The more you do this, the more you will understand—and even more, besides.

Back to top Go down

Parable of the Seeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keep the Faith :: Bible Study-
Jump to: