Keep the Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep the Faith

To inspire us to walk with God, and strengthen our relationship with Him

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daily Promises from the Bible

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ange

Daily Promises from the Bible Empty
PostSubject: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:59 pm

A new thing I'll implement is having a daily promise and reflection which I get from Blue Letter bible, good way for us to keep going on this forum and to give us inspiration and food for thought or spirit more like!

today's promise:

Today's Promise from the Bible
Psalm 37:3-6
Trust in the LORD, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Reflection

When taking satisfaction in Christ, our desires immediately change from our selfish ways and turn toward a desire to please Him. He is our loving Father who wishes to bless His children by forming us in His righteousness. As we continue to commit our ways to Him, He works through us causing complete delight and joy in Him. It is this joy and peace that gives us the strength to seek Him daily.
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Daily bread   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Heat and holiness

Why is it taking my hair so long to get dry? I wondered. As usual, I was in a hurry, and I didn’t want to go outside into the wintry weather with wet hair. Then I realized the problem. I had changed the setting on the hairdryer to “warm” instead of “hot” to accommodate my niece’s preferences.
I often wish I could control the conditions of life as easily as I can change the setting on my hairdryer. I would choose a comfortable setting—not too hot, not too cold. I certainly wouldn’t choose the heat of adversity or the fire of affliction. But in the spiritual realm, warm doesn’t get the job done. We are called to holiness, and holiness often involves “heat.” To be holy means to be set apart for God—separated from anything unclean or impure. To refine and purify us, God sometimes uses the furnace of affliction. The prophet Isaiah said, “When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned” (Isa. 43:2); he didn’t say if. And the apostle Peter said that we should not be surprised by trials (1 Peter 4:12).
None of us knows when we’ll be called to walk through the fire or how hot the furnace will be. But we do know this: God’s purpose for the flames is to purify us, not to destroy us.

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flames shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine. —Keen
The only way God hurries holiness is by turning up the heat.

http://odb.org/
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Daily Bread   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Change — by Marvin Williams

Medical studies have shown that even though people who have had heart-bypass surgery are told that they must change their lifestyle or die, about 90 percent do not change. Typically, 2 years after surgery the patients haven’t altered their lifestyle. It seems that most would rather die than change.

Just as doctors preach a physical message of change to prevent death, John the Baptist came preaching a spiritual message of change. “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!” (Matt. 3:2). He was preparing the way for the ultimate manifestation of God’s reign—the Messiah, Jesus.

Repentance means to change one’s mind and attitude about God, which ultimately changes a person’s actions and decisions. Those who repent and accept Christ’s provision of forgiveness from their sins through His death on the cross will escape spiritual death (John 3:16). Repentance involves confessing sin with godly sorrow, and then forsaking sin. John the Baptist was calling people to turn from one way of living to ways that honor God.

Today, the Lord is still calling us to repent and then to respond with the “fruits worthy of repentance” (Matt. 3:Cool.

Repentance is to leave the sin
That we had loved before,
And showing we are grieved by it
By doing it no more. —Anon.

Repentance means hating sin enough to turn from it.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Daily Bread   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Resolution - by Dave Branon

In May 1884, two young parents disagreed about what middle name to give their newborn son. The mom preferred Solomon; the dad, Shippe—both family names. Because John and Martha couldn’t agree, they compromised on “S.” Thus Harry S. Truman would become the only US president with an initial for a middle name.

Over 120 years later, we still know about this conflict—but we also know that a reasonable resolution was reached.

In the New Testament, we read about another disagreement that has lived on in history. This one was between two missionaries: Paul and Barnabas (Acts 15). Barnabas wanted to take Mark with them on a trip to check on some churches they had helped previously (v.37). But Paul did not trust Mark because of an earlier incident (v.38). Paul and Barnabas disagreed so sharply that they parted ways (v.39).

We still read about this argument 2,000 years later. What’s important is not that it lived on in history, but that it didn’t leave permanent relationship scars. Paul apparently reconciled with Barnabas, and in his final days asked for Mark to be with him because “he is useful to me for ministry” (2 Tim. 4:11).

Arguments happen. But let’s make sure they are resolved. Grudges are a burden too heavy to carry.

Arguments can lead to grudges,
Which, if left, will cause a rift;
But if we bring resolution,
Our relationships won’t drift. —Sper
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Variety of Creation   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Have you ever stopped to consider the amazing features God placed in the animals He created? Job did, and one of the most interesting he wrote about is the ostrich. Despite its apparent lack of good sense and its eccentric parenting skills, its offspring survive (39:13-16). And despite its membership in the bird family, it can’t fly—but it can outrun a horse (v.18).
Another remarkable creature is the bombardier beetle. This African insect shoots two common materials, hydrogen peroxide and hydroquinone, from twin storage tanks in its back. Apart, these substances are harmless; together, they blind the beetle’s predators. A special nozzle inside the beetle mixes the chemicals, enabling it to bombard its foe at amazing speeds! And the little guy can rotate his “cannon” to fire in any direction.
How can this be? How is it that a rather dull-witted ostrich survives despite a seeming inability to care for its young while the bombardier beetle needs a sophisticated chemical reaction to ensure its continued presence on earth? It’s because God’s creative abilities know no boundaries. “He commanded and they were created,” the psalmist tells us (148:5). From the ostrich to the beetle, God’s creative work is clear for all to see. “Praise the name of the Lord” (148:13).

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful;
The Lord God made them all. —Alexander

http://odb.org/
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Daily Promise - Faith   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Micah 7:7
Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

Reflection
Bolster your faith! Call out to the very Lord of the heavens for strength! He will surely hear you! Ask of Him a measure more of faith and He shall surely grant it. He is the Lord of all and delights in blessing His children with every good thing!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 pm

2 Timothy 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Reflection
Never fear while trial and hardship assail you, for there is a strength on your side. Neither lose courage nor hope as the curse upon life draws its noose tighter upon you, for there is a river of life that overflows on your account. Fear not. Worry not. Fret not. For the Lord knows all those who are His. He will keep His children from the force of His wrath and ever will He protect them from their enemy, Satan. He will be faithful to tend their needs and salve their wounds. We who believe and have departed the way of iniquity are secured in the mercy, peace, and fatherly love that abounds in His family.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:04 pm

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Reflection
How unimaginable is the glory of God and the wealth of riches He bestows upon His Bride! Despite man's incredible faculty for fantasy, even at his loftiest and most creative, he cannot even begin to conceive the extent of pleasure and glory for which God has prepared for His people. Rejoice, you redeemed, in the promise of His kingdom eternal!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 am

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Reflection
A tower's walls protect its inhabitants and its heights give warning of an enemy's approach. In the same way, the Lord's love protects us and His grace has opened our eyes to see that Satan is our enemy. In order to use the tower's heights and protection to our advantage, we must find ourselves within its bounds. The Lord's love and grace stands as the strongest of towers. Trust in God. Be filled with His love and grace to overflowing. And take shelter in the towering strength of His arms.

My Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for protecting me and opening my eyes to Your salvation! Please guide me into the protection of Your strength!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Psalm 146:8
The LORD openeth [the eyes of] the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

Reflection
Be comforted, O child of the Redeemer! The Lord will always be there for you. Your every need will be filled. Your every sorrow will be mourned. The Lord shall faithfully lift your head and strengthen you in your time of adversity. Lean on Him. Trust in Him. For He is worthy. And He will care for you.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Reflection
God gives us a peace that is able to transcend all understanding and will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Because we have been given peace with God, we are now able to experience the tranquility that He offers to His children. This peace is the product of prayer, petition, thanksgiving, and the presentation of our requests before God as it is described in the previous verse (Philippians 4:6).
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 am

1 John 2:12
I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Reflection
Due the majestic name of Christ, we have admittance to the glorious throne of God. For those who believe, we have been called His children and brought out of this evil world to a new life in Jesus Christ. His greatness leaves us speechless as we observe His mighty hand over all things, both on earth and in heaven. It is because of the powerful name of Christ we stand in awe of His glorious splendor.
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Reflection

Those who abide in the love of Christ are assured his kindness. He cares for His children, the sheep of His hand. Never shall those whom He grants drink of the living water grow faint. So trust in the Lord. Lean upon His abounding grace. Abide in the life of His vine and you shall never feel the severity of God's hand!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Hebrews 11:8-16
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as [in] a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker [is] God. Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, [so many] as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Reflection
God here promises not only His pleasure in those who look to the heavenlies rather than toward earthly treasure, but He also promises a holy and heavenly dwelling to His people. For all believers say the same: that they seek not a homeland with foundations of stone and metal, but one made of heavenly hands
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Reflection
How beautiful! How simple! Amazingly, God pours forth all His mercy, love and great blessings to those who call upon His majestic name. By placing all faith in Christ, the believer is given the ultimate promise: glorious eternity with his Creator and Saviour. This demands praise and rejoicing to the Most High God. For He is worthy.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 am

Psalm 18:27
For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

Reflection
Humble are the people of God and they will be saved! Humble are they that trust upon Christ for they have given up hope in their own worth, power, and strength to sustain themselves. All will be saved who reject themselves and trust upon the life, death, resurrection, ascension, and diety of Christ Jesus. They shall taste the life everlasting!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:06 am

Matthew 5:6
Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Reflection
Try as we might, there is no human satisfaction to be found in earthly things. No created thing can hope to fill us, to complete us. For all created things are finite in their very nature. Yet our longing for satisfaction is infinite and therefore can only be filled by One infinite in nature. The righteous are those who are filled by the Spirit of God—they are, therefore, satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:01 am

1 John 2:25
And this is the promise that he hath promised us, [even] eternal life.

Reflection
God has promised us life after death—life forever with Him. Amen!
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 pm

1 Peter 1:5

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Reflection

Throughout this life, we are kept safe by the power of God. All that we are is because of the power of God. The salvation that we have been given will never be complete until we reach heaven. We should strive towards that completion with all that we are.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:30 pm

2 Thessalonians 3:3-4

But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep [you] from evil. And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

Reflection
Even as we are faithless, our Father is faithful to love us and faithful to fashion our hearts to resemble His character. From His great love for us, He is our shield and comfort in times of trials and temptations as He delivers us from the enemy. Consideration of this wonderful promise initiates our continued adoration and worship to the God of Most High.
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 pm

2 Chronicles 32:8
With him [is] an arm of flesh; but with us [is] the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
Reflection

In the Old Testament, the Lord always helped His people during times of war. Today, God still promises to be with us and help us fight our battles—both physical and spiritual. This is why we are told in Ephesians 6 to put on the armour of God. This armour is made up of the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, sandals of the preparation of the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit or the Word of God. Another weapon we should use is prayer. Prayer is the way we talk to God and intercede on behalf of others. It is one of the most, if not the most, powerful weapon we have. Are you praying always?
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 am

Psalm 136:25

Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

Reflection
God's ever-enduring lovingkindness is one of the most beautiful jewels in that great treasure trove of Christian blessing. If not for the promise of his Father's unquenchable love, the believer would have none of the earthly rest for his soul that is even now his great privilege. By the knowledge that God's love is forever granted the child of faith, that same child may take blissful comfort that his Lord shall never forsake him, shall never rescind the promise of life eternal, and shall never withhold the strength needed for perseverance in times of trial. Amen and amen!
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 pm

2 Timothy 2:11-13
[It is] a faithful saying: For if we be dead with [him], we shall also live with [him]: If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us: If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
Reflection

Take heart, O believer, for though you be of weak conscience and unsteady faith, your life is now hidden in Christ Jesus! And where you show weakness, He shows strength! Be comforted in your infirmity and
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Ephesians 1:13

In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Reflection
God has placed a seal on those who have believed in Him. This seal is the Holy Spirit which was promised and is a sign that we are now God's property. What belongs to God is God's and cannot be taken by another. God ferociously guards His property and will allow nothing to separate us from Him.
Back to top Go down
Jme

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Psalm 30:5

For his anger [endureth but] a moment; in his favour [is] life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy [cometh] in the morning.

Reflection
You may weep and you may mourn over the troubles of this life, but know this you believers: your weeping will last only a night—for the smallest portion of your life. Once your joy is restored, those times of sadness and despair will seem only the briefest of moments. This life can be seen as a time of weeping; but when compared with the joy of eternity, our suffering seems slight and insignificant indeed. Praise the Lord that He is soon coming!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Promises from the Bible   Daily Promises from the Bible Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Promises from the Bible
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next